I'm a little late posting Hudson's 6 month update (December 22nd), but WOW, what a half year it's been! This little guy has completely stolen my heart and perfectly made his way into our family. He's all boy. 100%. And I'm loving exploring this new world right alongside him. I ♥ this picture!!! And you know what Hudson loves? He loves that airplane!!! ...and the car...and the truck that came in the set. His first set of wooden "boy toys". Super big THANK YOU Thomas, Julie & Preston for that sweet gift. It's a keeper and I know one day Hudson will love passing this on to his son...or daughter :)
You know, being the second child he too often gets his sister's hand-me-down toys, especially all the baby toys because there's not much difference between boy/girl in all those wooden blocks, activity cubes, and bright colored gadgety toys. Even a lot of the early books...although we've started buying a few "boy books" because there seems to be an overabundance of glittery pink princess books around our home :) So all that to say, I L-O-V-E that wooden transportation set. His. And only his.
And......................that sweet picture set off a lightbulb in my head!! I've been searching and searching for something to hang above his crib. But nothing. I've run countless ideas through my head but come up blank. I'm picky, I fully admit it.
I want something besides his name, typical art print or matchy-matchy nursery stuff. Plus I want it to be light and airy / no glass / no sharp corners in case it comes crashing down by way of curious little hands. Finally, just the other day as I was rocking him to sleep, it hit me. Canvas. I'm going to enlarge that photo above and two others (in color) into 11x14 stretch canvas and hang them above his bed. He'll love looking at "that cute baby" playing with his toys and I'll love seeing that sweet chunky monkey staring back at me. So excited!!!!!!
So finally for posterity...
Hudson, what are you up to at 6 months?
* You weigh 19 lbs. 2 oz. and you're 26 3/4 inches tall.
* You wear size 3 diapers.
* You've started eating veggies and you love them, esp. green beans.
* You can now sit unsupported and play. You LoVE the new view!
* You've started "rocking" on all fours and you've even moved your hand forward once as if to take off, but then stopped. It won't be long 'till you're crawling all over the place!
* You still just have the two little bottom teeth, but you drool like there is something else trying to cut through so who knows?
* Your favorite book is Dr. Seuss' Mr. Brown can Moo! Can you? You love all the sounds in this book and we read it to you every day. Even Grace. She has it memorized and tries to get you to do the sounds with her. You think she's pretty funny.
* You're starting to "talk" more. And you're starting to get LOUDER!
* You go to sleep around 7pm and wake once to eat, then sleep till about 6-7am, but...you REALLY prefer mama & daddy's bed. Yup, you like to sleep sandwiched in between the two of us. We put you to bed in your own crib every night, but once you wake up, you don't want your bed anymore. Believe me, we've tried. And by then, we're often too tired to keep on trying, so we bring you to our bed and you snuggle up and go right back to sleep. Bad habit I know! We'll soon be working on this. SOON. Just not tonight :)
* And finally, you have this little trick... You LOVE to roll your tongue sideways. You look too funny doing this!
We love you so much, Hudson!!!
Daddy, Mama, & Grace
Happy 1/2 year birthday to Hudson!!
So glad that little Hudson likes his "wheels". Get ready Mom for the world of the things that go zroom and balls. Oh and if he is anything like Sweet P the world of climbing.
Happy 1/2 Birthday, Hudson.
Hey! You forgot to mention that he learned to hit the tabletop hard and repeatedly when you tell him:
"Let's make noise!" Hmmm... I wonder who taught him that?
I love you lots, my handsome boy!
Happy 2/3 birthday sweet Hudson! boys are so much fun.
Post a Comment