You guys this camera card business is driving me bonkers. I've read countless FAQ from the Canon online technical support center, called them (they're closed on Sundays - WHY???? just kidding), pretty much flipped through the entire camera manual, tried loading the pics at least 1000 times...Arrrrrggggh
I know this may seem pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but if you think about it, please say a tiny prayer and send me some positive vibes that the pro shop folks can download my images to a cd tomorrow morning! Thanks!!
Okay, here are my random thoughts for the day...
1. Chicken Salad. I love it! After pancakes, peanut butter, and animal crackers :) it's probably my favorite food. I have a love/hate relationship with chicken salad. I either love it or hate it, no in between. I love to try it out in new places but I'm always so disappointed when it's yucky. So.....do you have a great tried & true favorite chicken salad recipe? I would really love to find a recipe that's delicious.
2. Fairy Dust. Perhaps this sweet fairy can sprinkle some magic dust on my camera card and fix it :) P.S. Thank you Aunt Marilyn for the fun Dora Fairy dress-up. Grace LOVES it!! How did you know Grace wants to be a fairy for halloween this year????? Yes, she's already told me :)
3. Pick Your Battles. Yes, I'm certainly picking my battles these days. Today, Grace insisted on going to church covered in hologram stickers. Hey, at least they were Easter hologram stickers! We finally settled on 3 in the front, 1 on each hand, 1 on Hudson's back, and 2 on mama's arm. Three is turning out to be lots of fun, in case you were wondering ;)
4. Glo Doddle. Perhaps the single best toy invention EVER!!! Love this thing. I love that it's a creative gift and that it's portable. I think it may become my go-to toy for the preschool set. And at just $20 it's very affordable! Shhhh...Don't tell, but all of Grace's little friends with upcoming birthdays will be getting one of these. It has been such a hit with Grace (...and mama...and daddy...and hudson). Thank you Mimsy for the awesome birthday present!!!
5. Gift Stash. Do you have one? I do! And I'm not talking about a pile of re-gifts, in case you're wondering ;) I've slowly been building up my gift stash. Everytime I see something I think someone on my shopping list for the year will like, or a fun toy for a little buddy's birthday, or an adorable baby gift...I've been picking it up, taking advantage of sales along the way.
I like to give themed gifts so the gift stash works especially well for that, and it's easy on the budget. This week I picked up beach buckets with shovels from the Easter clearance sale at Michael's in the cutest color combinations for just $1 each!! I plan on adding flip flops and a monogrammed beach towel for several of Grace's friends with summer birthdays.
Just today I was able to put together two baby gifts and two kids' birthday gifts out of my stash. Yipee! Coincidentally, this is my new favorite gift wrap combo: Isn't it cute?
6. Puppy Love. Grace got invited to her little school "boyfriend's" birthday party week after next. They're so funny around each other I can't wait to see how they act at the party. She's always telling me stories about Miles and Miles' mom told me he does the same about Grace. "Miles pushed my chair...and I told him DON'T DO THAT! (shaking finger)" "Miles shared his lollie with me" (yea, guess I need to go back and explain what's ok/not ok to share). So one day this past week I picked up Grace at school and the teachers were picking up the nap mats. Miles - such a little gentleman - rolled up Grace's mat for her. Grace coyly came up to me and said in the sweetest sing-song voice, "Miles is a VERY strong boy". Oh, my!
7. Siblings. It's always fun and games... ...until someone takes her prized pink egg! Then, not so much. 8. Clothes Swap. Speaking of fun and games...how fun is a clothes swap?! A new friend and I swapped 3 kids outfits and that cute jon jon on Hudson in the pic above is one of them! Thanks Sarah! What a great idea and so much fun to have "new" clothes for $0 dollars!
9. A Riddle. Can you guess what this little picture is all about? I'll give you a hint...think summertime.
10. A Reward. Maybe for just reading this far! HA, HA. Not sure if anyone will guess that one correctly or not, but just to make it fun, first correct answer wins! I'll send you a custom birthday hat in your choice of colors and initial or number. Because I love birthdays :)
So that's it. Ten random thoughts. Thanks for indulging me. At least it kept my mind off my camera woes for a half hour or so!